Thursday 15 December 2011

On the fourth day of Christmas............bags from around the world



Mexico.....the wonderful Frida Khalo........

China.........

and India.......


Embroidered bag from India I think the embroidery is from the region of Gujurat ......they use shisha (mirror) embroidery and flower motifs
more charity shop finds this week all three bags cost a grand total of ...yes wait for it .....£2.49 .......can you believe it?.... who would EVER want to buy new again when there are such bargains to be found.........

7 comments:

  1. love the bags beautiful embroidery
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags! I remember being given a lovely wedding present & they said 'it's not second hand, you know'...I was a little dissapointed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bargains my friend. Like the colors on the bag from India. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you completely about buying used. Great finds, things were made better, and it's like treasure hunting! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT finds!! i LoVE thrift shops!!
    i've always had a liking for the India stuff...their style...hand stitching...bright colors...little mirrors sewn in...and sometimes they have these little tiny bells too!
    i used to have a bag...AGES ago...

    (hey!! thanks for the side bar link...what a sweetheart you are lorna!) :)

    hey! know what my verification word is??!! BORED!! hahahaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, there are some lovely bargains at the moment. A number of my presents are charity shop finds, but I must say I am impressed with yours. Problem is I bought one son quite an expensive book from Alresford and I bet he thinks it is a bargain find and I am scrooge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. un sac frida khalo..tout un poème!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post...Please leave a comment if you like .....I'll try and answer anything you'd like to know.I try and answer every comment you leave so check back or click on subscribe by email

Related Posts with Thumbnails